Who’s your valentine?
Whether or not Valentine’s Day is your most favorite day of the year, or your most dreaded, we can all probably agree on one thing: it can get expensive pretty quickly.
I enjoy picking up cards and gifts for valentines near and far, but attempts at frugality can get in the way of generosity.
- “Love”-centric items: Everyone at Goodwill knows that this pink- and red-drenched day is coming up. Look for heart-shaped cookie cutters, dishes, and trinket boxes. You’ll also probably find heart prints on tablewear, tote bags, and maybe even some flannel PJ pants.
- Jewelry: I’m not promising you the Hope Diamond, but there’s plenty of fun costume jewelry hanging out near the check-out counter. Look for bright bangles, cute earrings, or beaded necklaces.
- Books! You’re probably tired of hearing me talk about how many good books you can find at Goodwill. But if your valentine is a bookworm, there’s no shame in picking up a like-new selection for their bookshelf.
- Collectibles: Always on the lookout for something to fit into your favorite collector’s attention? Check at Goodwill!
- Photo frames: Seeing someone special and want to savor some memories? You’ve probably seen me mention photo frames before. We’ve always got a variety to fit any size photo. Show off those favorite moments!
Got any ideas for inexpensive gifts you can give for Valentine’s Day? Share them here! I know we’ve got some super-savvy shoppers with the spirit of giving in mind.